Enterprise Content Management is a systematic way of collection & organization of documents or information of a company. It includes strategies, methods and tools to manage the corporate documents throughout its lifecycle. This includes the proper storage of unstructured information including Word files, Excel sheets, PDFs etc which can be accessible to the right persons at a right time. The main intention behind implementing a ECM system is to do business better without any confusion. This also includes:
• Reducing the dependency on paperwork
• Increase productivity by driving good customer service
• Reduce haste & taking risks
Selection of enterprise content management system requires proper guidance. You must find an ECM that fulfills the need of your business. Some factors to consider while selecting an ECM system:
• Integration: It is important for an enterprise content management system to fit correctly into company’s infrastructure. An enterprise CMS is needed to integrate with important applications like management & creative programs. This helps to easily store the content & data created by various programs that are needed in daily operations of business.
• Key Functionality: Search for the ECMs having flexible taxonomy system which helps to customize or modify the content’s metadata that you store. This helps the employees to search & find the content easier if needed later.
• Agreement: It is important to ensure that your documents adhere to all rules & regulations. If your business is related to an audit or is named in a lawsuit then ECM helps you to keep sensitive documents in a same place which makes its access easier during review time.